posted: Jan. 05, 2021.
Ways to take care of Mental Health (cognitive functioning) as we age (i.e., seniors):
- Engage in Memory Exercises
- Engage in “thinking” games => Sudoku, Scrabble, puzzles, etc
- Learn something new
- Stay Socially Active
- Manage stress
- Stay physically active and monitor diet
- Learn to lean => who’s in your support group?
- Activities using your hands (hand-eye coordination)
- Music (learning the lyrics to a song, playing an instrument, singing, listening, etc)
Per the internet